- Expected Return Date shows as a required field when requesting for Leave of Absence
- Expected Return Date field marked as non-mandatory field in Employee Time object definition but always shows as required field
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central Time Off
- Time Off for Leave of Absence Only
- v12 / People Profile (PP3)
- Time Administration Workbench
Reproducing the Issue
As an employee, go to Time Off ESS request page, then request for Leave of Absence. Expected Return Date shows as a required field.
An as manager/HR administrator, request for Leave of Absence on behalf of an employee. Expected Return Date is marked with asterisk, indicating that it is a mandatory field.
By design, expected return date will always be mandatory / required field for leave of absence requests and cannot be made as not required as it is internally being used by the corresponding transient field within job information to display the expected return date of the Time Off LOA record. Expected Return Date is also used by system validations necessary for Time Off for Leave of Absence functionality, for example, system validation that ensures that there will be no overlapping leave of absence requests in Time Off and in the corresponding LOA job information records.
KBA 2577808 - Time Off for Leave of Absence (PP3 and V12) FAQ
Leave of Absence, Time Off for Leave of Absence, Expected Return Date is required mandatory, actual return date , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TIM , Time Off , Problem