When you try to import Sales Order using Data Workbench, you receive error message "Creating data not possible; creation disabled"
While creating the Sales Orders using the OData Service for POST function, you see the error "Creating data not possible; creation disabled | Item total values modifications are possible only for view object"
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Data Workbench workcenter
- Go to Import view
- Select the radio button for Individual Object
- Go to Insert tab
- Go to Standard Object tab
- Search for the Data Workbench object Sales Order
- Select Download
- Fill data in the fields
- Save the file
- Select Next and Browse for the file
- Select Upload
- Choose Next
- Select Import
- In the Monitor view, check for the respective Task ID
- The record in the file have the Processing Error
Execute the Request payload for the POST method for the CustomerOrderCollection https://myXXXXXX.crm.ondemand.com/sap/c4c/odata/v1/c4codataapi/CustomerOrderCollection (where XXXXXX represents the tenant)
The error could be due to one of the below reasons:
- You are trying to create a Sales Order with a Document Type which has Maintenance Mode set as Internal in Maintain Document Types in Sales Orders activity in Business configuration.
- In the OData Request payload, the NetAmount is passed for header and item.
It is not possible to create Net Value/Total/Tax for an Internal Order and it is an expected behavior. These fields are only to be set for Orders with Maintenence mode External only.
For Internal Order, these internal pricing details will be calculated automatically. To create Internal Pricing, you may use the object Sales Order Pricing in Data Workbench.
NetAmount should get calculated in C4C provided the price conditions are maintained for the item type. Create the Sales Order without the NetAmount in the Request payload.
Sales Order, Pricing, creation disabled, Maintenance Mode, Internal, Maintain Document Type, External, CustomerOrderCollection, creation disabled, NetAmount, Document Type , KBA , sales order , pricing , creation disabled , creating data not possible , customerordercollection , maintain document types , maintenance mode , view object , netamount , LOD-CRM-INT-DWB , Data Workbench , How To