While trying to save after entering a National ID for a user in the National ID portlet, you get an Application Error with Fingerprint=3a17a4db88e3bf723745f608e25cde5564dfc7d1 and cannot save
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Admin Centre > Search for a user
- Scroll to the 'National ID' Portlet > Click 'Edit'
- Enter the Country, National ID Card Type, National ID and 'IS Primary' value
- Click 'Save' > Application Error occurs
This error is occurring as the user does not have a 'Gender' maintained in the Personal Information Portlet.
'National ID Validations' are enabled in the instance (in Company System and Logo Settings), and the Country for the National ID you are entering uses 'Gender' in the validation of the National ID. As the system cannot find a value for 'Gender', the validation cannot be performed and the system throws the error
To resolve the issue, you will need to maintain a value for 'Gender' in the Personal Information Portlet of the user you are entering the National ID for;
- Navigate to Admin Centre > Search for the user
- Scroll to 'Personal Information' > Click 'Edit'
- Select a value for 'Gender' field > Save
Alternatively you can disable 'National ID Validations', to do so;
- Navigate to Admin Centre > Company System and Logo Settings
- Search for 'National ID Validations' > uncheck the box
- Click 'Save Company System Setting'
To review the National ID Validations that are performed with the setting enabled, please see the 'Employee Central Country Specifics' Handbook here (See Section 95.4 'Breakdown Validation Rules of National ID', then search for the specific Country);
National ID, Gender, Application Error, 3a17a4db88e3bf723745f608e25cde5564dfc7d1, National ID Validations, Validation Rule, Country Specifics , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-PER-NAT , National ID - Config, Rules, RBP, UI , LOD-SF-EC-PER , Person Data (All Person Data Types) , Problem