Your requirement is to migrate the Organizational Structure. Upon simulating the migration file, system throws the below error:
Address Type is not defined for Org. Unit XXXXX
*XXXXX represents the Organizational Unit
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Select Implementation Projects view or Overview
- Search and Open the activity Perform Organizational Structure Setup
- Select Import organizational structure using the migration tool
- Upload the Migration File
- Execute Migration for the respective Migration File with Migration Mode Add new records
- System throws error in the Simulation step
The reason for Address Type not defined is that, there are duplicate Address instances existing in the migration file. There may be some entity where no Main Address or Bill-to Address is defined.
You may check the Addresses Sheet of the upload file. Remove the duplicate Addresses. Ensure the correct Address Type is defined and proceed with the migration activity.
Perform Organizational Structure Setup, Address Type is not defined, Duplicate Address , KBA , perform organizational structure setup , address type is not defined , duplicate address , AP-OM , Organisational Management , Problem