Is a license key for SAP Customer Checkout needed?
SAP Customer Checkout 2.0 Feature Pack 07 and lower
To run the SAP Customer Checkout no license key is needed on a technical level. So you don’t need to insert a specific Activation/License Key in the product. But for use in productive environment it is required to buy a License. But it is also not necessary to store the License Key in a specified area.
SAP Customer Checkout 2.0 Feature Pack 08 and subsequents
As of SAP Customer Checkout 2.0 FP08, an official and valid license key is required for every SAP Customer Checkout instance and SAP Customer Checkout Manager instance. For further information regarding how to request and activate a license key, refer to this documentation.
The licenses are sold per device matrix
- If you have 10 POS Station in 5 Shops you need 10 licenses
- If you have 10 POS Station in one Shop you also need 10 licenses
- If you have 1 POS Station with 10 cashier you need one license
- If you have 5 POS Station with 10 cashier in 1 Shop you need 5 licenses
To use SAP Customer Checkout without buying license in a productive environment is illegal. For more information regarding licenses or pricing please contact your Partner Manager or Account Manager.
- For which country/countries is SAP Customer Checkout available/localized? Can partners sell SAP Customer Checkout to non-localized countries?
SAP Customer Checkout is currently available in and is localized for Germany, Switzerland, Austria, United Kingdom, Ireland and France. For these localized countries it is designed to allow you to run your business operations effectively.
For the non-localized countries, SAP Customer Checkout might not offer an official fit to the local market requirements and it might not comply with relevant applicable laws and regulations of the non-localized country. For Partners selling in non-localized country, it is expected that the partner involved has expertise about local business practices, conditions and regulations. It is also expected that the partner involved has infrastructure to provide high-quality first and second level support to the customers.
When a partner is selling the SAP Customer Checkout to a non-localized country, the partner must adhere to the following guidelines.
- The partner involved shall notify the customer that SAP Customer Checkout is not localized by SAP for the country. The Partner has to provide the localization features.
- The partner involved shall notify the customer that when or if a localized version of the SAP Software becomes available, the non-localized software is not or might not be upgradeable to the localized version. Incompatibilities in future Versions and associated effort to migrate customer to SAP standard has to be covered by the Partner
Additionally, SAP Business One Partners re-selling
SAP Customer Checkout to non-localized countries, shall contact the local Product Expert (LPE) of the respective SAP Business One organization. Partners whose specific customer deal is approved by the LPE have the option to purchase the SAP Customer Checkout license via the SAP Store. The software is available on the global SAP Business One price list with ID 7016656.
- Germany only: Is SAP Customer Checkout certified according to IDW PS 880?
Yes SAP Customer Checkout 2.0 FP07 (and higher) is IDW PS 880 certified in Germany. See SAP Note 2740668 for details.
- Germany only: How does SAP Customer Checkout address the topic Kassensicherungsverordnung (KassenSichV)?
See SAP Note 2831577 for details.
- France only: Is SAP Customer Checkout certified according to NF 525?
Yes, see SAP Note 2588608 for details.
SAP Customer Checkout
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.