You are trying to reverse the document XXX (XXX represents the Document ID) and the error message is shown as
Action Failed due to previous error in other instance.
Cancel not possible,Item XXX(XXX represents the Document ID)already cleared in another company.
This is a Bank to Bank Transfer Scenario and the Document Id are similar in both the companies that is XXX (XXX represents the Document ID) and the status of the documents are in Ready for Transfer.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Payment Management work center.
- Go to the Payment Monitor view.
- Show All Payments and Go to External Reference and give the Document ID XXX(XXX represents the Document ID) and Company Id as well.
- Choose Go.
- You could see that there are two documents with similar Id and the Payment methods being Incoming Bank Transfer and Outgoing Bank Transfer.
- Select one of the documents and Choose Reverse.
Error message is shown.
Error message is shown as the document ID XXX (XXX represents the Document ID) is already cleared in both the companies and hence it does not allow reversal.
You have to reset the clearing and then you can reverse the documents.
You can follow the below steps in order to reverse the documents:
- Follow Steps 1 to 4.
- Choose the Document ID XXX (XXX represents the Document ID).
- Choose ViewAll.
- Go to Document Flow.
- You can see the Clearing ID in which the documents are cleared.
- Select the Clearing ID and Choose the Reset Clearing Button.
Once you have reset the clearing,the status of the Document ID can be set to In Transfer from Payment Monitor Screen and can be reversed.
"Bank to Bank Transfer" "Reset Clearing" , KBA , ready for transfer , reset clearing , reverse of bank transfer , bank to bank transfer , AP-PAY , Payment Processing , Problem