You have exposed a data source and are extracting the data to your BW system. However in BW, an error is returned. The most common error messages are:
Error in source system
Error message: SOAP:1031 SRT: Empty SOAP Message received
SoapFaultCode:4 Internal Error
SoapFaulCodeName: Server |SoapFaulCodeNamespace: RABAX occurred on server side
Integration between C4C and BW
Integration between ByD and BW
These errors are most commonly caused by a large data volume that is being sent by C4C.
The errors can also happen in intermittent basis, depending on the system memory usage. For example, it can be a recurring error during Month Closing periods, when the system memory usage can become considerably higher than usual.
There are several possible solutions to this, depending on the actual volume stored in the data source.
- The most effective way to restrict the data is to pass selections when you request it in BW. For example, instead of requesting all data in one go, you can filter by month and extract the data in several batches.
- There is an option to enable pagination for this extraction. The exact steps and settings required in your BW system are described in the SAP Note 2346390. However if the data volume is extremely large, this may also fail and you will still need to use selections.
- If there is any timeout parameter set in BW for ODP, then it might happen that the request from BW is terminated while the extraction process is still going on in C4C/ByD. In such a case, you would get an error in your BW system while there would be none in C4C/ByD as the extraction would eventually finish and give the records back to ODP.
- Please check the proxy on your side, why the proxy connect sometimes does not work (overload etc.).
- As a workaround, the timeout of the proxy connect can be set to a higher value, e.g. 10000 ms, by following these steps:
- Set profile parameter "icm/conn_timeout = 10000.
- Restart SAP application server.
Please also note:
- You can only have 3 requests from BW to C4C data sources at the same time (any exposed data source).
- You can only have 1 request for the same data source at a time.
Help Center Article (SAP NetWeaver): Timeout Options for ICM and Web Dispatcher
analytics, bw, data source, extraction, odp, rabax error, time out, errors in source system , KBA , internal server error , srt: processing error in internet , soap:1023 srt , could not send message , java.net.sockettimeoutexception , org.apache.cxf.interceptor.fault , bw extraction , rabax , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To