When generating the Matrix Grid Report some background colors, shows correctly in the report, however, when exporting it, the colors are not replicated for the placements.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP Success Factors Succession Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Matrix Grid Reports configuration page;
- In this example, some placements are configured with the green color, using the hexadecimal code #90EE90:
- Go to Succession > Matrix Grid Reports;
- Generate Report > Export via Excel;
- The placements configured with this hexadecimal code, shows the gray color, instead of green, as shown in the Matrix Grid Report page:
Excel API provides only some of the hexadecimal colors. When trying to identify an unsupported color, it tries to retrieve the closest matching color in the custom palette.
To avoid this discrepancy between the background color in the Matrix Grid Report and the exported file, it is necessary to use the supported hexadecimal code for MS Excel.
Complete list of all supported hexadecimal colors in MS Excel, and the matching color, is available in the document "HexColors_MSExcel" attached to this article.
Matrix Grid background Color 9box 9-box 9 box performance and potential & perf-pot objective vs. competency competencies obj-comp MXG BGColors background colour exporting discrepancy grey color , KBA , csg_q , LOD-SF-SCM-MXG , Matrix Grid Reports (9 Box) , Problem