- The master database is quiesced: quiesce database master_tag hold master
server QUIESCE DATABASE command with tag tag_master is being executed by process 478
server Process 478 successfully executed QUIESCE DATABASE with HOLD option for tag tag_master.
server Processes trying to issue an I/O operation on the quiesced database(s) will be suspended until the user executes a
QUIESCE DATABASE command with the RELEASE option.
- A second user process in the master database opens a transaction while master is quiesced. The transaction is blocked and placed in lock sleep until the quiesce is released.
Your query is blocked because it tried to start a transaction in the 'master' database which is in a quiesced state. Your query will proceed after the DBA
performs a QUIESCE/PREPARE DATABASE RELEASE.
- At a later point in time, while the quiesce is still active and the second process is in lock sleep the following server error is logged:
server Error: 2238, Severity: 20, State: 9
server begin lock: Could not acquire LOCK INTERRUPTED due to invalid pointer param number 6, pointer value 0x0
- Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
- Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7 ; SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0
lock sleep blocked begin tran 2238 quiesce , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.