- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) has hung or sleeping processes
- The sleeping process cannot be killed via ASE "kill" command
- Corresponding connections are held and cannot be released on the application-side either
- Over time, the ASE runs out of user connections. Error 1601 is reported in the ASE errorlog
Error: 1601, Severity: 17, State: 3
server There are not enough 'user connections' available to start a new process. Retry when there are fewer active users, or ask your System Administrator to reconfigure ASE with more user connections.
- The following message is reported in the ASE error log:
AUDIT PROCESS EXCEPTION: Can't allocate space for either syslogs or the current sysaudit table in database 'sybsecurity' because the corresponding segment is full/has no free extents. Please refer to Security Administration Guide for details.
- Increasing the value of ASE configuration parameter "number of user connections" does not help.
- Restarting the ASE does not help - problem resurfaces upon restart.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP Netweaver (all versions)
"AUDIT PROCESS EXCEPTION", 1601, "user connections", sybsecurity, auditing , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.