The following error occurs in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) when opening, refreshing or drilling down on dimension in a story with many widgets and/or a large amount of data:
- The data cannot be displayed because the query returned too many records. Please try filtering your data.
- The data cannot be displayed: the query process was stopped before it finished because it returned too many records. Please try filtering ...
This error also appears in the browser developer tools HTTP archive (HAR) file trace:
- The selection returned more records than the limit in MaxResultRecords : The selection returned more records than the limit in MaxResultRecords : Number of data records exceeded
SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise)
- Tables and charts in SAC are used to analyze data, it is not for data exploration purposes.
- Data exploration purposes are suggested to be done by a database client tool or using the Data Analyzer. See New data exploration experience in SAP Analytics Cloud.
- It is recommended to limit records in the table to less than 100,000 cells. This can be performed with adding filters and/or reducing the number of dimensions in the table or chart to return fewer records. In practice, larger tables do not perform well, it may also result in browser performance issue.
- In case of live HANA connections, the limit of records can be adjusted as per the below SAP Note. Higher resource consumption on backend side must be considered. As this decision is dependent on the on the available resources in the backend side, this change should be considered by SAP HANA administrators and outside of SAP's responsibility.
2770570 - Error message "The select returned more records than the limit in MaxResultRecords" / MDS Cube resultset & cell size limit.
- This limit cannot be changed on the underlying HANA databases belong to SAC. In case this problem occurs for widgets consuming imort data models, only filtering and/or reducing number of measures and dimensions can resolve the problem
- Server and memory usage is not only related to the number of cells in the table, the columns (fields), the elements used in table, the design of the table is also related. As a result, there is no exact limitation of cells in the table or from the data connection.
- It is also recommended to use the optimized view mode. See Optimize Your Story's Performance.
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud (Collective KBA)
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an case for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud Connection Guide
- Getting Started with SAP Analytics Cloud Expert Community page
- SAP Analytics Cloud Get More Help and SAP Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
data maximum restriction, limitation, large amount of data, crosstab, data view, SAC story, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped, sap analyst cloud, https://hcs.cloud.sap, https://hanacloudservices.cloud.sap, https://cloudanalytics.accounts.ondemand.com, https://hanacloudservices-us.accounts.ondemand.com, https://www.sap.com, https://help.sap.com, predictive analytics (analysis), data analysis (analytics) tools, analytics tools, sap analytics cloud, data literacy, advanced analytics, data democratization, analytics software, real time analytics, self service analytics, advanced data analytics, analytics as a service, analytics cloud / cloud analytics, saas analytics, cloud bi, enterprise planning, cloud data analytics, cloud based analytics, analytics cloud platform, modern analytics, real time analysis, cloud analytics solution(s), what is sap analytics cloud, cloud analytics tools, analytics in the cloud, cloud analytics software, , KBA , live connection data cannot be displayed , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , LOD-ANA-XUS , User assistance, performance statistics , LOD-ANA-TAB , Table , Problem