When attempting to make a change to Performance Form Template Settings, the system returns the following error at the top of the page after saving:
"Start Date must be before End Date and Due Date"
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Performance Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Admin Center;
- Performance Management >> Form Template Settings;
- Choose an affected Performance Form Template;
- Change any option and attempt to Update Form Template, see the following error message.
This error is caused by your template configurations failing the date configuration validations. The Start date of your form must always be before the End and Due date configuration. (Both Default Dates and Feedback Date Ranges)
The Default Start Date validates against the following fields:
- Default End Date
- Default Due Date
- Ask for Feedback Date Range (Even if Ask for Feedback is disabled, the dates must be configured after the Default Start Date)
The following Screenshot shows the dates that must be configured after the Default Start Date:
Please also notice warning message: "Warning - Mixing fixed and Relative to Form Creation can result in invalid dates set."
It means that if you mix between "fixed and relative", the form template won't be saved. You may choose between 'fixed' or 'relative'.
SuccessFactors, SFSF, PM, PMGM, PMv12a, unable to change form template settings, start date must be before end date and due date , KBA , csg_q , LOD-SF-PM-FRM , Forms & Templates , Problem