This article explains what controls visibility of the "Type" column on the Goal Plan and Performance Form.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Goal Management
- SAP SuccessFactors Performance Management
Reproducing the Issue
Behaviour on a Goal Plan:
Open Goal Plan 1 "2018 Objectives" and note that the "Type" column is available under Display options:
Open a Goal Plan 2 "2019 Objectives" and note that the "Type" column is NOT visible:
Behaviour on a Performance Form:
1. Open a Performance Form and navigate to the Goal section where Goal Plan 1 "2018 Objectives" is associated.
2. Click to Add or Edit a goal - the "Type" column is visible in the dialogue window:
3. Open a different Performance Form and navigate to the goal section where Goal Plan 2 "2019 Objectives" is associated.
4. Click to Add or Edit a goal - the "Type" column is NOT visible in the dialogue window:
- This column will appear on the Goal Plan if Group Goals are enabled.
- Group Goals are enabled via the attribute allow-group-goal="true" on the Goal Plan XML Template:
- The "Type" column becomes available on the Goal Plan when Group Goals are enabled - allow-group-goal="true".
- The "Type" column cannot be permissioned as it is not a defined field i.e. it does not have a field-definition in the XML template.
- It is controlled via the allow-group-goal attribute, and the only way to hide the Type column is to set this attribute to "false".
NOTE: The Display Options in the Goal Plan only control whether the Type column displays on the Goal Plan itself - it does not control whether Type will appear in the Add/Edit Goal dialogue window.
Goal, Objective, GM, Type, Column, Field, hide, visible, display options, remove, PM, Performance, Form, Review, remove, explanation, false, true, group goals, allow, attribute. , KBA , LOD-SF-GM-ADM , Admin Tools, Settings, Permissions , How To