- Why do Images not show in my custom workflow notifications created using Document Generation?
- Custom Images are not showing in my workflow notifications.
- How come I don't see custom images in my workflow notifications?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Custom Document Generation Template to trigger for workflows
- Create a Workflow > Call the new Custom Template
- Create a rule to trigger the workflow
- Follow the Steps found in This page of the Implementation Guide
- Clcik the image button;
- Navigate to the 'Upload' tab;
- Click Browse > Select your image;
- Then the image info will display > Resize Image > Click Ok;
- When the Email is received by the recipient the custom image does not display
- When attempting to save the template that contains a custom image, a confirmation window displays with the following message:
- The document template contains a locally stored image which will only be visible in PDF format. Do you wish to continue?
- Custom images in workflow email notifications are not supported.
- This is a known limitation of how the email clients receive the email.
- If producing a PDF, the image will display.
- If using a PDF instead of a custom JPG image, the image will display in the email.
- If using a web hosted link to the image, the image can be displayed in the email via the use of HTML view in the email client (such as Microsoft Outlook).
ECT-103345, success factors, EmpCentrl, SFEC, SFSF, SF EC, WFL, DocGen, Custom Email Notifications, jpg, PDF, Document Generation, Workflows, CC only notification , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-DOC , Document Generation , LOD-SF-EC-WFL-CUS , Custom Workflow Notifications , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central all versions ; SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite all versions