The following error appear when trying to import a Job History for an employee:
Hire record could not be found for this user. Please ensure that a hire record already exists before proceeding with this record., The system is unable to derive the Employee Status from the previous record. This could indicate an inconsistent/invalid data in the employees Job History or an incorrectly configured Event Reason
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Import Employee Data
- Select "Job History" and select the file.
- Click on Import/Validate Import
- The error appears
This error is caused by one of the following:
- You are using Business Rules for Event Reason Derivation and there are rules that set the Event Reason on Manage Business Configuration that overwrite the event reason that are being imported. This is caused by the business rules being incorrectly configured.
- The Event Picklist is incorrectly configured. Multiple Hire events with Extenalcode H are listed with deleted status. When a picklist value is set to deleted, the external code of that value must be removed. If the external code is not removed, the system will select the first value it finds with the matching external code regardless of weather the value is active or not. Thus the deleted value can be selected and causes this issue.
To resolve the issue, please review the following KB articles corresponding to the above causes:
SF, success factors, EC, import, job history, hire record, recruit , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-EDP , Import Employee Data (EC Core only) , Problem