When a workflow rule that has different language subjects/templates maintained triggers an e-mail, the language that is being determined is basis of Recipients' language setting.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Administrator Work Center.
- Navigate to the Workflow Rules View.
- Click New to create an E-Mail Workflow Rule.
- For the Subject field of the email, choose the All Languages icon beside the Subject field. Here, you have the option to maintain different languages for the subject and the templetes.
- Add more than one language.
- Finish and activate the workflow rule as per your needs.
Language for workflow rule is determined as below sequence:
- If recipient has an user in system, the language would be first read from identity. To check this: Login with Recipient User ID. Go to Personalize->My Settings->Language.
- If recipient is not an user in system, but an existing Contact from a Business Partner (Account/Individual Customer), then system will consider the work address of the contact to get the email/phone and the comunication preference. In case the Contact is not associated to the account, system will consider the personal address and its preference.
- If recipient is not an user in system, but a Business Partner (Account/Individual Customer) or/and if the Contact Personal Address is empty, it will be derived from the Language field available within the Account. To check this: Go to Customers -> Accounts/Individual Customer ( Based on recipient is an Individual customer or it is associated with an Account) -> Language.
- If both Contact (Personal Address) or Business Partner (Language field) are not set, the email language will be defined according to the Language marked as "default" in workflow rule.
workflow rule, language, subject, template , KBA , LOD-CRM-WKF , Workflow , How To
SAP Cloud for Customer add-ins all versions ; SAP Cloud for Customer core applications all versions