The journal entry posted for a goods and services receipt is missing line items related to the material items of the business document. Only line items related to the service items are present in the journal entry.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Goods and Services Receipts work center.
- Go to the Receipts and Returns > Show by Documents view.
- Select show list All Documents.
- Search and open goods and services receipt XXX (XXX means the goods and services receipt ID).
- Click View All.
- Open the Document Flow.
- Click the journal entry icon.
- Notice that a journal entry of type 00042 - External Service Confirmation is opened. In this journal entry, only postings related to the goods and services receipt service items are present.
The goods and services receipt XXX contains items of types Material and Service. System creates separated journal entries for each type of item. For service items a journal entry of type 00042 - External Service Confirmation is created, while for material items, a journal entry of type 00029 - Goods Receipt from Supplier is created. By clicking the journal entry icon in the document flow of goods and services receipt, the External Service Confirmation journal entry is opened, and you will see the Goods Receipt from Supplier journal entry listed under Related Journal Entries section.
System behaves as designed here.
service; direct; material; non-stock; external service confirmation; goods receipt from supplier; related journal entries; , KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To