The External ID of the contact ABC (ABC represents the contact ID) in the Contacts screen is DEF and in the contact's header is XYZ (DEF and XYZ represents the External ID).
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customers work center.
- Go to the Contacts view.
- Search for the contact ABC.
- In the column External ID the value is DEF.
- Open the contact ABC.
- The External ID in the contact's header is XYZ.
- You are expecting that the External ID's in the Contacts screen and in the header be the same.
The contact ABC has multiple External ID's because there are multiple systems integrated with C4C.
Which of these ID's is shown in the Contacts screen result list and in the contact's header is not reliable/not deterministic.
This is the expected system behavior.
You can default which external ID of the contact will be shown in the Contact Header and in Contact view with the steps below:
- Go to the Administrator work center.
- Go to the ID Mapping for Integration view.
- Open 'Edit Default Configuration'.
- Choose which reference should be used as external ID of business partners.
After the configuration has been saved it will take some time for the existing data to adjust, since a job has to be triggered and executed. The start of the job can be accelerated by clicking on the 'Migrate Data' action on the same screen.
External ID, Contacts, Accounts , KBA , LOD-CRM-CON , Contact , How To