In CMC, an OLAP connection is defined with authentication type "Credential Mapping". When trying to logon to BW system via this OLAP connection from Analysis Office, the user expects to logon without entering user and password. However, the prompt to enter user and password is displayed.
SAP Analysis for Microsoft Office
Reproducing the Issue
- Define OLAP connection with authentication type: Credential Mapping
- Start Analysis for Office
- Click "Insert Data Source" button -> "Select Data Source" or Click "File" button -> "Analysis" tab -> "Open Workbook" -> "Open workbook from the SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform "
- On the "Logon to SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform" screen ->input logon information -> Click OK
- Select the OLAP connection -> Click OK
- Logon to System dialog window pops up
This feature is not supported in AO.
The authentication type "Credential Mapping" is not supported by AO. Use 'Prompt' or 'SSO' instead.
Analysis for Excel, Analysis for office, AO, AFO, Central Management Console, BIP, BI lauchpad, BO, BOE, login, log in, logon, on, User, Password , KBA , BI-RA-AO-XLA , Excel Addin , How To
SAP Analysis for Microsoft Office all versions