- When finishing hire process using either "Add New Employee" or "Manage Pending Hires" the system triggers an error:
- "Custom Sync has failed for emailInfo"
- "Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Cloud
- Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Select one Pending Hire via Manage Pending Hires or create a new employee via Add New Employee
- Proceed with hire process
- Do not include an Email Address during the hiring process
- Submit the New Hire
- Receive an error: "Custom Sync has failed for emailInfo"
- This error is caused by an incorrect configuration in the Employee Profile (Standard Element) field "Email"
- The configuration has no Element Permissions configured on the field
- This disables the system from being able to write the value from the Employee Central Field to the Employee Profile field
- Best Practices suggest that the Business E-mail field should have a value
- This field has hard-coded mapping logic
- The system will attempt to synchronize data from Employee Central to Employee Profile based on the external_code (Business (B)) from the pre-delivered ecEmailType picklist
- To resolve this, ensure that there is an Element Permission associated with the Employee Profile Field
- This way if there is a value present in the EC Email field located in the Contact Info portlet, the system will be able to synchronize this properly and no error will display in the system
HRIS Sync - Data Synchronization From EC to EP - Hard Coded Sync Mappings
Custom Sync has failed for emailInfo, empcentrl, SFSF, email, business e-mail, SFEC, Sync Issue, Error, Failure , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-INT , Manage Pending Hires (Integration RCM/ ONB/ OBX + UI) , LOD-SF-EC-HIR , Hire & Rehire Wizards , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central all versions ; SAP SuccessFactors HXM Core all versions