You replicate Installation Points from ERP to C4C, the message is successful and it contains an external ID, but the External ID field in the C4C TI (Thing Inspector) of the Installation point, is not populated.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
The Installation Point replication is triggered from the ERP system.
Navigate to the Administrator Work Center (WoC).
- Search for the inbound message.
- Check if the message is successful.
- Click the View button.
- Choose to view the payload.
- Check if the installation point has an external ID.
- Go back to the Administrator WoC.
- Open the Id Mapping for Integration Tab.
- Search for the Installation point you just replicated.
- See that the ID mapping is successfully maintained and there is an external ID.
- If it does, go to the Install Base WoC.
- Search for the Installation point.
- After opening it you see that the External Id field is empty.
This issue arises when the node "AlternativeLabel" is missing or not populated in the message Payload.
The field "External ID" is populated from the node "AlternativeLabel" and not from the ID mapping entry.
Make sure that you are sending the Node "AlternativeLabel" in the payload, which is populated with the external ID of the installation point.
If it is not in the payload, please check your mapping and adjust your ERP system to send this information.
Installation Point External ID, Alternative Label Installation Point, Installation Point Replication, Installation Point. , KBA , LOD-CRM-INT-ERP , Integration of C4C with ERP , How To