Unable to replace the Percentage on the Amount field using Calculator
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP Successfactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
1.Navigate to Employee Profile > Compensation Information
2.Edit Compensation Information then scroll down to Compensation > Pay Component
3.On the Amount field, click on the Calculator Icon
4.Enter the Percentage then click Save. e.g. 5%.
5. Click on calculator again then enter 1% on Change Percent then Save.
Notice that the Percentage on below the Amount field does not change to 1% but instead shows 6.05 %.
This is an expected functionality of the calculator.
Calculator under Compensation Information Portlet only helps to adjust the current value in the amount field and not to replace the current value based on the value entered on the Percentage.
- Customer has the starting point value = 4469.85 where old value = 4063.5
- When going in to calculator, new value of 4469.85 can be seen at the bottom of the calculator
- If 5 % is added to this, this leads to 4469.85 * 1.05 = 4693.3425
- If another 5% percent to this value, amount will be 4469.85 * 1.0005 = 4472.084925
Calculator, Amount, Percentage, Compensation Information, Compensation, compinfo, percent, calculate, pay component, ECT-111107 , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-CMP , Compensation Information & One-Time Bonus , Problem