- You changed the Depreciation Method of Fixed Asset ABC to 0000-No Automatic Depreciation (ABC represents the Fixed Asset ID).
- You execute the Depreciation Run and notice that for Fixed Asset ABC postings have been generated.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Fixed Assets work center.
- Go to the Depreciation view.
- Find and open the respective Depreciation Run ID.
- Go to the Postings tab.
For Fixed Asset ABC Postings have been generated.
When you re-execute the Depreciation Run after changing Depreciation Method to 0000 - No automatic depreciation all the depreciations posted in previous periods will be reversed.
If the desired outcome is to have no postings on the Depreciation Run the 0000 - No automatic depreciation Depreciation Method should be set only for the desired interval, as per the below steps:
Go to the Fixed Assets work center.
- Go to the Fixed Assets view.
- Find and open Fixed Asset ABC.
- Click Edit - Master Data.
- Go to the Asset Valuation sub-tab.
- Go to the Valuation Intervals sub-tab.
- Select each Valuation View at a time.
- Click Add Row.
- Select the needed Start and End Date.
- Change Depreciation Method to 000 - No automatic depreciation.
- Repeat these steps for all valuation views.
- Click Save.
- Execute a new Depreciation Run (first, in Test mode to check that all changes were successful).
This time, no postings are generated for Fixed Asset ABC, as the intervals defined for the Depreciation Method 0000 - No automatic depreciation do not overlap the periods for which automatic depreciation values were already posted.
Depreciation, Depreciation run, Fixed Asset, No automatic depreciation, Depreciation Method, incorrect postings , KBA , depreciation , depreciation run , fixed asset , no automatic depreciation , depreciation method , incorrect postings , SRD-FIN-FA , Fixed Assets , How To