A Payment Allocation resulting from an automatic Bank Statement upload shows an incoming payment representing the payment of bank interests which has been automatically allocated.
However, you expect that these payments are not automatically posted by the system.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Payment Management work centre.
- Go to the Payment Allocations sub view.
- Show All Payment Allocations and find Payment Allocation XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the Payment Allocation).
- Open Payment Allocation and click View All.
- The Payment Method used is Bank Charge.
- The External Transaction Code is ABC (ABC represents the External Transaction Code).
- The Import Format used is DEF (DEF represents the Import Format).
- No Postprocessing Required even though you expect the amount to be allocated manually.
In order for bank interests to be allocated and posted automatically an explicit and working rule of type Bank Interest with appropriate search parameters has to be defined in the Business Configuration.
In this case you do not want the allocation to happen automatically and hence you have to remove these rules.
In order to change the rule for the identification and automatic posting of bank charges proceed as follows:
Go the Business Configuration work centre and navigate to Fine Tuning.
- Choose the activity Global Settings for Payment.
- Create and edit rules for analyzing memo lines.
- You see that a rule for Rule Type Bank Interest is maintained and also a General Ledger Account in association with this rule.
- If you do not want an automatic allocation of bank charges you have to delete this rule.
In case no separate general-ledger account is assigned here, the accounts for bank interests as defined in the Fine Tuning activity: Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination / Cash / Interest/Charge will be posted by default.
In order to adjust the matching of External Transaction Code and assigned Payment Method proceed as follows:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center and navigate to Fine Tuning.
- Choose the activity Automatically Generated Bank Statements.
- Select Edit import formats for automatic generated bank statements.
- Highlight the relevant Import Format (e.g. MT490 DE).
External Transaction Code ABC has a Payment Method assigned.
In order to disable the automatic allocation of Bank Interests you need to remove this row and save your changes.
1916638 - Automatic Posting of Interest Payments when Uploading Bank Statements
Bankgebühren, automatische Zuordnung, Zahlungszuordnung, Kontoauszug , KBA , SRD-FIN-CLM , Cash and Liquity Managment , How To