- An Application Error is received when saving in Manage Business Configuration.
- Error: An application error occurred. Please try again later, or notify support (with the information of errorID=xxxxxxxx=xxxx=xxxx=xxxx=xxxxxxxxxxxx, timestamp=yyyy-mm-dd, and the version information from the current screen) if the issue keeps occurring., Java Exception: OMITTED
** Product Support: Please see Internal Memo. **
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central - Manage Business Configuration
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to Manage Business Configuration.
2. Make any changes and click on 'Save'.
3. The Application Error is being received.
The Succession Data Model was not synced to MDF hence the MDF Objects were missing which was causing Application Error in Manage Business Configuration.
- The "Synchronize Business Configuration" job needs to be triggered:
- From the 1H 2023 Release this can be triggered via Scheduled Job Manager in the Admin Center.
For the details on how to do this please see the following links:
- WNV: ECT-209082 - Synchronize Business Configuration Job Availability in Scheduled Job Manager
- Implementing and Managing Business Configuration (BCUI): Synchronize Business Configuration Job in Scheduled Job Manager
- Alternatively this can be done from Provisioning -> Go to Manage Scheduled Jobs and look for the "Synchronize Business Configuration" Job, then under Actions tab, click the Select drop-down and choose 'Run It Now'.
- Run the job "MDF Object Definition to DB Sync"(Refer KBA 2534674 - How To Fix Inconsistencies In Metadata Framework (MDF)).
2589774 - MDF Object Definition to DB Sync
2360747 - Manage Business Configuration does not show any thing
2534674 - How To Fix Inconsistencies In Metadata Framework (MDF)
com.successfactors.genericobject.api.model.ObjectDefinition.getActiveFields(), null object loaded from local variable 'def', com.successfactors.businessconfig.service.shared.QueryConfigurationObjects , manage business configuration, application error, mdf object definition to db sync, synchronize business configuration, ECT-109219, KM-5462,fingerprint=0f806ae4383d0c1475cd40606d378cd6af661039 , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-BCI , Manage Business Configuration (BCUI) & Data Models (XML) , LOD-SF-EC-CWF , Contingent Workforce , Problem