You are maintaining data for taxes for a supplier master data. When entering the Tax Number NIF, the system throws an error 'Tax number is invalid' and you cannot add the new row.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Payables work center.
- Go to the Supplier Accounts view.
- Open Supplier master data.
- Click on View All.
- Go to the Financial Data tab.
- Go to the Tax Data sub-tab.
- Under Tax Number session, press Add Row.
- You enter the NIF details.
When you press save, the error message 'Tax number is invalid' appears.
The error happens due to the format of the number entered.
The expected format is 9 characters, where the first 8 characters are to be numeric and the last one is to be alphabetic.
Check the NIF number and provide the number according to the format expected.
NIF. Tax Number. Supplier. , KBA , SRD-FIN-TAX , Tax Management , How To