You run the report Profit Overview by Key Figure and it shows values in all columns. But then you add key figure "Actual Entry Quantity" to report results. When you apply this change, it does empty all the other Key Figures of a report Profit Overview by Key Figure. You expect this Key Figure displays results without removing all results from other Key Figures.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to Cost and Revenue work center.
- Go to List view.
- Select report Profit Overview by Key Figure.
- You run the report with the relevant selection for your company.
- Add Key figure Actual Entry Quantity.
- You Apply the changes.
- All the other Key Figures for financials go blank.
The Contribution Margin Scheme for all set of books is blank on the Set of Books view, under General Ledger work center. Generally this is set to P&L reporting structure. This is the reason why the report cannot resolve the request correctly. If the Contribution Margin Scheme is set, then it should fix the issue in the report.
As the information on Set of Books/Company Settings - Contribution Margin Scheme is not mandatory, this is probably the reason why it is not maintained, but to correct this behavior, you will have to maintain this attribute.
To add the Contribution Margin Scheme to the Set of Books:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Overview view.
- Find the Set of Books activity.
- Under the activity, select the Set of Books XYZ (where XYZ represents the Set of Books ID).
- Select the Company ABC (where ABC represents the Company ID).
- Click the Edit button.
- Open the Company Settings tab.
- Show the drop down menu for Margin Contribution Scheme.
- Select the Margin Contribution Scheme value.
- Select Save.
- Run the report again.
Profit Overview by Key Figure. FINPRFU30. Key Figure. Report. Cost and Revenue. Set of Books. , KBA , SRD-FIN-ANA-PRF , Profitability (Reporting) , How To