- On SAP BW, Solution Manager systems, multi-JOIN queries are very slow and/or fail with Error 701 / SQL701:
Error: 701, Severity: 17, State: 3
There is not enough procedure cache to run this procedure, trigger, or SQL batch. Retry later, or ask your SA to reconfigure ASE with more procedure cache.
- Almost all of the configured procedure cache space is used up for query compilation.
- The corresponding ASE process (spid) is in COMPILING status and may terminate with Error 701
- The server encounters several Error 701s soonafter and becomes inaccessible. ASE db needs to be restarted to clear the problem.
- The failing sql query contains several (50-100 or more) JOIN clauses
- The optcriteria alternative_greedy_search is enabled under the sap_olap optimization goal.
- The solution described in SAP KBA 2593791 - Error 701 "There is not enough procedure cache..." to run large BW queries - SAP BW on ASE, is already implemented.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
- SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse 7.x
- SAP Solution Manager 7.2
Solution Manager, "fact table hint", slow, performance, 701, "Error: 701", SQL701, "procedure cache", 0SPRINCU, 0SPRINSNP, CR813639, CR#813639, 813639, TF, traceflag, 11836, forceplan_alternative_greedy, forceplan , KBA , BW-SYS-DB-SYB , BW on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.