You extended SDK / PDI extension fields into a data source. However, you can only see these extension fields in the data source when logged in as a PDI User. Business Users cannot see these fields.
- SAP Cloud for Customer
- SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Once the extension fields are created and extended from SDK, log into the system as a PDI User.
- Go to the Business Analytics work center.
- Go to the Design Data Sources view.
- Open the data source XYZ (XYZ represents the data source name).
- You can find all the fields extended from SDK.
- Log into the system as a business user.
- Repeat the steps 2 to 4.
- You cannot find the SDK fields.
The most common cause for this behavior is when you did not activate the solution in SDK and did not scope the same in the Business Configuration.
Open the SAP Cloud Applications Studio (SDK).
Select for the relevant Solution ID.
On the tool bar, select Administration.
Click the Implementation Manager option.
- Click the arrow down from first icon and Select Assemble and Download.
- Log into the system.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Click Edit Project Scope.
- Proceed to step 4. Questions.
- Select the scoping element relevant to your SDK solution.
- Drill down until the question relevant to your SDK solution.
- Review the question by marking the checkbox.
- Save the changes.
PDI; SDK extension field; Data Source extension field; , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To
SAP Business ByDesign all versions ; SAP Cloud for Customer add-ins all versions ; SAP Cloud for Customer core applications all versions