- When navigating to Instance Synchronization Wizard Tool, there is not any option to select RBP roles and groups.
- In provisioning, during the configuration the RBP roles and groups are not available too.
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Admin Center > Instance Synchronization Wizard
- Select the target instance
- In the items selection, there is not any alternative for RBP roles and groups
- When checking in provisioning > Instance Synchronization Company Permissions
- Click on Edit Remote Company Permissions
- Not able to see the RBP roles and RBP groups option
There are two possible causes for this:
- Role-Based Permission is not enabled in the target instance
- Admin is missing RBP Roles and RBP Groups permissions for Instance Synchronization.
Checking if Role-Based Permission is enabled in the target instance
Since this check needs to be done in Provisioning, customers will not be able to do this check. Please ask your Implementation Partner or create an incident to SAP Customer Support under the component LOD-SF-PLT-PRV.
Parter or Support engineer will do the following steps to check:
- Log in Provisioning
- Go to Company Settings
- Check the setting "Role-based Permission (This will disable Administrative Domains)"
In case RBP is not enabled in your target instance and you want to enable it, please follow the guide available in this KBA: Migrating to Role-Based Permissions.
Checking the permissions of admin user to run the Instance Sync for RBP roles and groups
- Navigate to Admin Center
- Under Set User Permission, go to View User Permissions
- Search for the admin user
- With all the permissions of user listed on the screen, use the browser search to find under the section Manage Instance Synchronization
- Sync RBP Permission Roles
- Sync RBP Permission Groups
Instance Sync, Copy, Synchronization, RBP, Groups, Roles, Role Based Permissions , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-IST , Instance Sync Tool , Problem