- Logon failed.
- Unable to connect to SAP BW from Crystal Reports.
- In Crystal Reports, when attempting to connect to an SAP BW Message server, it fails with the error:
ERROR internal error (this retcode should be handled by caller of LG-layer), group name too large
TIME <Date and Time>
COUNTER 1 "
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016 - Support Pack 05 - Patch 100 and higher
- SAP GUI 7.50
Reproducing the Issue
- Install the SAP GUI 7.50
- In the SAP Logon, define an entry to an SAP BW Message server.
- Install Crystal Reports 2016 - Support Pack 05 - Patch 100 or higher
- In Crystal Reports, under the menu "SAP", select "Create New Reports from a Query...."
- Select the SAP BW Message Server, and enter the user name and password. It then fails to logon.
- In Crystal Reports 2016 with Support Pack 05 - Patch 100 and higher, with SAP GUI 7.50, there is currently a known issue connecting to an SAP BW Message server, if the Message Server name is not fully qualified, and this is why it fails to connect to SAP BW.
- Note: The issue does not occur when connecting to an Application server. It is only an issue when connecting to a Message Server.
- In the SAP Logon, update the SAP BW Message Server entry to include a fully qualified domain name from the Message Server entry.
- In SAP Logon, edit the SAP BW Message Server entry, by right clicking on it, and selecting "Properties"
- In the "System Entry Properties", update the Message Server entry, to a fully qualified domain name.
If the Message Server is: MyMessageServerHost,
then enter a fully qualified domain name like: MyMessageServerHost.example.com
- Click "OK" to accept the change.
CR, SAPGUI , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2016