- Full Database Encryption fails with Error 632 followed by a stack trace:
The encryption of database 'ABC' has started.
Error: 632, Severity: 20, State: 2
Attempt to move memory with an incorrect length of -36335. Maximum allowed length is 16384.
DB Encryption Worker: The encryption of the pages failed. Please contact SAP Technical Support for assistance.
- This is a sample command executed via isql:
alter database ABC encrypt with DEK
- The stack trace for the failing spid includes functions:
- Alternatively the "Infected with signal 11" error in the module exc_raise*() followed by a stack trace can occur during Full Database Encryption or Decryption:
Current process (0x0) infected with signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
Address 0x0x0000000001d3aa4f (exc_raise+0x3f), siginfo (code, address) = (1, 0x0x000000000000bcb0)
The corresponding stack trace includes functions:
Note: A complete stack trace is available under Attachments.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0 for Business Suite
812183, CR812183, CR#812183, CR817680, CR#817680, 817680, SEGV, segmentation, storage, access, violation, fault, segfault, kisignal, stacktrace, registers , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.