- Manage Mass Changes for Metadata Objects feature is used to make changes simultaneously to large number of MDF objects.
- However, when trying to create a new Mass change Run, the "Object Type To Be Changed" field is not selectable, therefore not allowing the user to pick an object to make changes upon.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core - All Versions
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central - All Versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Manage Mass Changes for Metadata Objects
- The field : "Object Type To Be Changed" seems to be having no dropdown to be able to select a value
This issue is due to a Missing or an Incorrect Configuration
- This tool is currently supported for Position and Time Account Change Calendar objects. Hence, Position Management and Time Off Need to be enabled on the Instance.
- If that is enabled, check if the visibility of the field : objectTypeToBeChanged on Configure Object Definitions -> Mass Change Run -> details of the field.
- This needs to be set to Editable.
Just one observation, the MassChangeRun and field objectTypeToBeChanged are not exposed (cannot be used) in the SF OData APIs.
SF, EC, Success factors, Employee Central, Field visibility , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-MDF , MDF & EC2MDF Migration , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central all versions ; SAP SuccessFactors HXM Core all versions