- When upgrading NW Java system, SUMs raises an error at WAIT_PORTAL_IMPORT phase and stops;
- After checking SAP Notes 2643575 or 2336548 it is identified that:
- System is NOT in SAFE Mode;
- There are no OLD .EPA files at the delayed deployment folder;
- There are no .err files at delayed deployment folder;
- Checking the startup defaultTrace file (see SAP Note 1959839 - Fresh DefaultTraces after engine's restart) the following exception is found:
Application sap.com/com.sap.portal.importlistenersmonitor cannot be started. Reason: it has hard reference to application <HARD_REFERENCED_APPLICATION>, which is not active on the server because application fails to start with errors. Contact component owners to investigate the problem with application <HARD_REFERENCED_APPLICATION>.
- NetWeaver Application Server Java
- Enterprise Portal
SAP NetWeaver 7.0 ; SAP NetWeaver 7.3 ; SAP NetWeaver 7.4 ; SAP NetWeaver 7.5 ; SAP enhancement package 1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0 ; SAP enhancement package 1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.3 ; SAP enhancement package 2 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0 ; SAP enhancement package 3 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0
SUM, PORTAL, upgrade, stuck, failed, delayed deployment folder, /usr/sap/<SID>/<inst. no>/j2ee/cluster/serverX/temp/com.sap.portal.prt.sapj2ee/delayedDeployment_EPA, .deploy.properties, .err, .log, .err, .bak, extension, deployment, delayed, delayed deployment, delayedDeployment_EPA, com.sap.portal.gpar_hidden_content_package.epa, safe mode, safe, mode, J2EE, J2EE Engine, start, startup mode, startup , KBA , EP-PIN-MIG , Upgrades issues (6.4 / 7.0 to >=7.3) , BC-UPG-TLS-TLJ , Upgrade tools for Java , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.