System raises an error "No Permission for Position" but saves the future change made.
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Cloud
- Employee Central
- Position Management
Reproducing the Issue
1. Navigate to position org chart.
2. Go to a position and click Edit.
4. Make a future change and save the transaction.
5. System throws an error: "No Permission for Position"
6. Check the position and the future-dated change was saved.
- User has RBP to View only current record (no history)
- Also user has RBP to create position
- User is now creating a new record starting in future on existing position in Position Org Chart with MDF Quickcard
- The create will succeed as user has create rbp
- Afterwards the mdf quickcard tires to render again in read mode to show the created record
- As user has no rbp to view history reocrds, the error "NO Permission" is shown
It is an expected system behavior. When trying to save for a the future time slice, No permission error is thrown since user doesn't have view history permission.
There is already an existing enhancement for this feature: XAF-24719, to support the scenario that a user should be able to create a position only if he/she has the permissions to view history - this will hold good for effective-dated MDF objects.
There is no planned date of implementation yet.
No Permission for Position, permission, position error, position org chart, future dated change, position , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-MDF , MDF & EC2MDF Migration , Problem