- CPU usage increased very fast when multiple queries running on a big compressed table at the same time.
- Even the queries do not return any rows, the same situation will still happen on a compressed table.
- May see the stack trace of spid on decompress__column_by_colinfo or decompress_column_by_colid for most of the time.
- However, the same queries running on a UN-compressed with same DDL and data volume does not lead to CPU overhead.
- The situation looks similar to KBA 2764059, but disabling "capture compression statistics" does not give much improvement.
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 SP02 PL06 HF1
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7 ; SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0
CR818671, CR#818671, 818671, CPU overhead, compression, decompress__column_by_colinfo, decompress_column_by_colid , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-SYB-ASE-CE , ASE Cluster Edition (Standalone) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.