- On a Windows host where
- an ASE is already installed or
- after a failed previous installation
- The installation with SWPM of a new NW or Java system fails
- The instdir_sapinst_dev.log shows error messages:
TRACE ... (startInstallation)
syb_dialog_dbsw_already_installed: registry entry SOFTWARE/SYBASE/Server/SID exist
syb_dialog_dbsw_already_installed: Windows Registry includes entries for ASE Server, it is not possible to install an additional ASE instance.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP NetWeaver (NW) or Java - All versions
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7 ; SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0 ; SAP S/4HANA 1809
KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.