- Error "Failed to initialize" appears when trying to filter by range on time dimension from model without fact data in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2019.2.7
Reproducing the Issue
- Log on to SAC tenant.
- Copy one model (like sample model BestRunJuice_SampleModel) with option Include Data unchecked to ensure that there is no fact data in the copied model.
=> You can also create a blank model with time dimension but no fact data.
- Create a new story based on the copied model.
- Try to add a Filter by Range on time dimension.
=> Error "Failed to initialize" appears.
=> It is possible to add a Filter by Member on the time dimension but needs to Show Unbooked Members in the Set Filters dialog.
- Date range filters only work with booked data.
- If there is no booked data in the dimension, you cannot create the date range filter.
Add some fact data (booked data) into the model.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Have a question? Ask it here on the SAP Community. Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, date, time, range, fact, data, transaction, account, measure, no, filter, empty, blank, initialize, failed , KBA , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , Problem