- How to use the IPHR diagnostic in-memory tracing option to further investigate SAP IQ 16.x servers.
- Which are reporting Incorrect Page Header Read related errors
- Which do not match any existing known documented issues.
- The diagnostic options to be used are IQ startup switches:
- -iq_thread_msg_buf_size in-memory tracing feature
- These traces should only be used after first consulting with SAP Product Support.
- The diagnostic tracing information produced will enable SAP IQ engineering to identify root causes of IPHR related issues
- Without the need to provide custom-built instrumentation, there by speed up resolution times.
- The symptom characteristics associated with IPHR errors include...
- Queries intermittently failing with main Bufmain: Incorrect page header read errors (IPHR)
- main Bufman errors from slib/s_trycatch.cxx or lib/s_dpidx.cxx
- main Bufman: An error was detected on a database page. You may have a damaged index.
- ErrID: 2100 (s_corruptdiskblkhdrexception); SQLCode: -1009039, SQLState: 'QSA39'
- BArray header mismatch errors
- Block count mismatch errors during DBCC checkdb consistency checks. Specific s_bm errors (i.e., BM_BADCOUNT_ERROR, BM_BITSOFF_ERROR, BM_BITSON_ERROR), and Server aborts.
The diagnostic tracing option is only available post:
- SAP IQ 16.0 SP11 PL22
- SAP IQ 16.1 SP02 PL14
- SAP IQ 16.1 SP03 PL04
- SAP IQ 16.0 SP04
sybase, corruption, error, abort, failure, , sp_iqcheckdb, mpx, secondary, coordinator, exception, debug, 'in memory', inmemory, crash, corrupt , KBA , BC-SYB-IQ , Sybase IQ , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.