You have configured a workflow rule to update a field. The workflow rule works fine without opening the BO where the field should be updated in Edit mode. However, when you open the object in Edit mode, the workflow rule is not triggered.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
These steps are only an example. The same can happen in any other BO.
Go to the Customers work center.
- Go to the Accounts view.
- Open an account.
- Create an extension field based in the CUSTOMER BO (in the Field Properties you can see "Account-General Information") and then placed the field in Sales Data facet.
- Create a workflow rule to update this field. You can also create a workflow rule for Accounts BO and for the Sales Data BO
- Open an account.
- Do NOT click Edit.
- Add the conditions that should make the workflow rule be triggered (in this case, we click New in the Sales Data facet and we add the sales org maintained in the workflow rule).
RESULT: The workflow rule is triggered and the extension field selected.
- Delete the sales organization that you added previously.
- Click Edit.
- Add the same conditions that should make the workflow rule be triggered.
RESULT: The workflow rule is NOT triggered and the extension field NOT selected.
When we enter in edit mode, we are locking the Business object (in this case, the Accounts BO). It is not possible to update any field which relies on a business object which is locked. Hence, the workflow rule will not be triggered.
In this case, the Extension field relies on the CUSTOMER BO although the customer is displaying the field in the SALES DATA facet (which could make us think that it is the SALES_DATA BO).
You have main options:
- Do not lock the BO (by opening the EDIT mode) where the field should be updated.
- You create the extension field based on another BO from the one you are locking.
2517486 - Account Field Update Worflow Rule with Sales Data Conditions does not Work
lock, BO, sales data, accounts, update, workflow rule, extension field, , KBA , LOD-CRM-WKF , Workflow , How To