How to trigger an integration center interface (IC) from the ISC?
This KBA does not cover the BCUI, onPostSave rules, and other configurations required to trigger the ISC events.
This KBA cover the ISC + IC part (triggering integration center from the ISC).
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- Intelligent Services Center (ISC)
- Integration Center
Scenario considered to explain the end-to-end configuration required:
Trigger an interface in Integration Center as soon as new employee has been hired in EmployeeCentral.
INC integration should pull User ID, Start Date, First Name and Last name from EmployeeCentral and should send detail to SFTP.
Follow below steps:
- Go to Admin Center->Intelligent Services Center
- Select event for which you want to be published using Integration Center. In this example, I would select "Employee Hire" event.
- Now, click on "Flow1" and select "Custom Activities"-> Integration as shown below:
NOTE: Make sure event has been published and saved by a valid user which has all releant permission.
- You can either create a new integration by clicking on "Create new Integration"
NOTE: Each integration listed under "My integrations" section is event based. This means that an integration created to be used with the event "Employee Hire" will only be listed when this event is selected initially - it won't be shown if you select the event "Employee Rehire", for example. The integrations created for Intelligent Services can't be shared between different events.
- Or you can select existing integration which was created in "Integration Center" UI directly by selecting Create-> More Integration type. Here, you need to select trigger type as "Intelligent Services"
- Once integration is created and saved, it will get added to Flow tab of ISC.
- now define when event is published, when would you want integration to be triggered:
NOTE1: If you want Integration Center job to be triggered immediately once event is triigered in ISC then select "When event is published" from above drop down.
"On Effective Date" option is valid only for effective dated events. For example: employee Hire, Employee Rehire etc. ISC would trigger integration only when record becomes effective which would be considered based on server timezone of that dataCenter.
- Save your flow by clicking on Actions->Save Flow
- You can also rename your flow by clicking on icon besides "Flow1" as shown below
- When event is being published by pulisher, Integration Center job will be triggered. To validate, if Integration Center job has been triggered successfully by INC or not, you can check "Event Monitoring" tab of ISC:
- If event was published successfully by ISC then you would see status as "Triggered" as highlighted below:
- "Show Details" tab will take you to the Integration Center execution manager dashboard where you can review what happened on Integration Center side:
NOTE2: OData v2 API does not support OnPostSave Rule trigger functionality, therefore neither does Integration Center/ISC
If you are looking for complete configuration required to trigger ISC events (NOT ISC + IC together, please check our handbooks):
ISC, Event, subscriber, publisher, Integration center, SuccessFactors HXM HCM Suite, IC , KBA , LOD-SF-INT-INC , Integration Center , LOD-SF-INT , Integrations , How To