When an employee is terminated in SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central after employee master data replication, you cannot view the employee fact sheet in SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
The employee’s supplier information is still visible in the Manage Business Partner Master Data app and the Manage Supplier Master Data app.
SAP S/4HANA CLOUD.
Reproducing the Issue
- Terminate an employee in SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central.
- Replicate employee master data to SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- The terminated employee data disappeared from the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Employee Fact Sheet application (it does not even appear as "inactive").
You terminate an employee in SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central with a termination date in the past but then replicate employee master data to SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
The expected behavior when terminating an employee in SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central and replicating them to SAP S/4HANA Cloud is as follows:
- The employee record in SAP S/4HANA Cloud has an end date at which it becomes inactive in SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central.
- The Employee Fact Sheet no longer displays it once the current date is an inactive date, but the employee record stays in the database.
- After an employee is terminated, the validity of business partner BUP003 (Employee) role is adjusted to be the same as the employee’s termination date. You use replication to do this.
- All other roles, such as supplier, are not affected and their validity doesn’t change. For example, the employee’s supplier role is not delimited when the employee is terminated.
The supplier’s life cycle differs from that of the employee. This data might be needed after the employee is terminated (for example, for pending payments). Consider that supplier information cannot be displayed in the Employee Fact Sheet. Instead, customers can check the Business Partner Master data app or Supplier app to see the details.
KBA 2655576 - FAQ: SAP S/4HANA Cloud integration with SFSF EC.
SuccessFactors, Employee Central, Employee, JB1, SAP_COM_0001. , KBA , CA-WFD-INT , Integration issues WorkForce Domain , CA-HR-S4 , Cross-Application HCM Objects in S/4HANA , CA-GTF-INT-EC , with SFSF EC (JB1, 1NL) , How To