You created a Sales Quote and linked it to an Opportunity. When you create a version of this sales quote you realize that version 2 is not linked to the same Opportunity.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Pre-requirement: Activate Sales Quote versioning by scoping the question "Do you want to use Sales Quote versioning?"
1. Go to the Sales work centre.
2. Go to the Sales Quote view.
3. Click New.
4. Fill in the mandatory fields and click Save and Open.
5. Search for the Opportunity field and select an opportunity.
6. Go to the Version facet.
7. Click New Version.
8. Select the second version and click “Activate Version”.
9. Open the version 2.
RESULT: The opportunity value has not been copied in the sales quote with version 2.
Document references are not copied between Versions. They remain associated with the version where they occurred.
You have full visibility of the associations in the document flow:
version, opportunity, sales quote, , KBA , relation , LOD-CRM-OPP , Opportunity Management , How To