When sending an E-mail to a Distribution List that contains an E-mail Channel, the ticket is not being created.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Create a DL and add an E-mail Channel inside of it.
- Send an E-mail to this DL.
Result: ticket is not created automatically in the system.
When using DLs the system is not able to identify the E-mail as a valid E-mail Channel, hence no tickets are created.
This also results in an error message with the following description: Missing channel e-mail address in recipient fields (TO or CC).
To check this message:
Go to the Administrator work center.
- Select Input and Output Management view.
- Select the option Web Service Message Monitoring, the message is displayed there.
This is the standard behavior of the system.
If you need this functionality urgently you may contact your implementation manager to help with such request or approach directly the SAP Cloud Service Center.
You can find more details about the services offered by Cloud Service Center . You can contact Cloud Service Center as follows:
- If you are a partner: please use email@example.com or the Partnerfinder
- If you are a customer: please use the little blue box “Contact Us” shown on the very right hand side of SAP Application Development Site, choose “Contact Us”, choose “Services”, choose “SAP Custom Development” and complete the page.
Note: The services of the SAP Cloud Service Center will be charged as packaged services based on fixed prices.
An alternative option may be to check the SAP Customer Influence Site to submit an idea.
2652158 - Error: Missing channel e-mail address in recipient fields (TO or CC)
Ticket; DL; Email Channel; Distribution List, E-mail, Service, Channel, Forward, Recipient, To, E-mail Address , KBA , LOD-CRM-SRP , Service Request Processing , How To