- sp_rename raises error 17240
- square brackets are being used as quotes around names
- names contain characters that are not normally allowed in identifiers (Valid characters are letters, numbers, the symbols #, @, _, and currency symbols such as $ (dollars), ¥ (yen), and £ (pound sterling). Identifiers cannot include special characters such as !, %, ^, &, *, and . or embedded spaces.)
- No error raised if quotation marks used instead of square brackets
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE)
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise Cluster Edition (ASE CE)
Sybase, ASEServer, SAPASE, dataserver, sp_rename, quoted_identifier, quote, name, object, square, bracket , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-SYB-ASE-CE , ASE Cluster Edition (Standalone) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.