When opening service confirmation invoice request XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the service confirmation invoice request), item XX (XX representing the number of the line item) is in inconsistent status with error message:
"Exchange rate Currency A/Currency B on Date missing for currency conversion" (Currency A represents the default currency of the system and Currency B represents a different currency).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice Requests view.
- Select All Invoice Requests.
- Search for service confirmation invoice request XYZ (you can also filter for the respective service order ID).
Result: service confirmation invoice request XYZ is in Status Inconsistent.
- Select service confirmation invoice request XYZ.
- Click Edit and the following error message occurs:
"Exchange rate Currency A/Currency B on Date missing for currency conversion".
This error occurs even though all currencies in the service order and the service confirmation are in Currency A and seller is in Country A (referring to country where Currency A is the national currency). The corporate account buyer party has Currency A maintained as currency in sales data.
The respective service order was created with a sales unit of which address is based in Country B (referring to country where Currency B is the national currency).
The system determines the tax country and currency according to the country maintained in the address data of the sales unit. Hence, the tax country is determined as Country B and the national currency of Country B is used.
To process the document without the error you need to maintain the exchange rate for Currency B in the system.
The exchange rates can be maintained as follows:
- Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Open the Edit Exchange Rates view in the Common Tasks section.
- Maintain the relevant exchange rate between Source Currency A to Target Currency B.
- Confirm the entries by clicking Save and Close.
Exchange Rate On Missing For Currency Conversion, Currency, , KBA , AP-TTE-TC , Tax Calculation , Problem