The .XBO file activation fails with the below error messages on the SAP Cloud Applications Studio:
- Your changes cause syntax errors in maintenance mode.
- Discard your changes.
- Do not change the syntax in node Root.
- SAP Cloud for Customer
- SAP Business ByDesign
- SAP Cloud Applications Studio
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to SAP Cloud Application Studio.
- Right-click on the affected .xbo file and select Activate.
- The errors are shown.
Modifications on the syntax of an file from the patch solution are not permitted, like editing or deleting a content type, this will make the solution inconsistent.
You would need to revert the changes done at your end in the .ABSL of .XBO file.
Once this is done, you should be able to activate the file again.
Please refer to the help documents: