When reporting on data source Material Supply and Demand List, you are manually inserting values for field "Date" under Selection pane, however no values are retrieved in report results.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Analytics work center.
- Go to Design Data Sources work center view.
- Search for Material Supply and Demand List data source.
- Click on Preview button to open the data source in preview mode.
- In the Selection pane, insert the desired time frame for field Date (e.g. DD/MM/YYYY).
- Click on Apply button to update the data source results.
- Go into View pane and insert relevant characteristics to the report Results.
- See that report results are not retrieved for the provided time frame in field Date.
The time frame is being inserted in wrong format in field Date.
The correct Date format for this particular is YYYYMMDDHHMMSS.0000000. The Value help function is not available due to system performance reasons, since the same generally brings lots of entries, retrieving all the date related information from backend which could easily lead to time out issues. If you need to filter by Date field, the above date format should be used.
In order to filter by field Date, you can insert the date using this example: 20.190.822.025.000,0000000 (In this example the date would be 22nd August 2019 at 02h50m00s). To retrieve data from a specific time range you can define a "Between" condition for this filter, as below:
In the Selection pane, click on the symbol ">" on the left hand side of field Date. It will enable a drill down box with filtering conditions.
- Click on the drill down box to expand the filter conditions.
- Select "[...] is between".
- Another text box will appear for Date field in the Selection pane.
- Insert the time range you are looking to filter by (e.g. 20.190.622.025.000,0000000 and 20.190.822.025.000,0000000).
- Click on Apply button.
- Report results will reflect the time range provided.
- Note that it is highly recommended to apply filters on "Supply Planning Area ID" field in report Selection, otherwise you may experience timeout issues.
Material Supply and Demand List; Date filter; Cannot Filter; Date Value Help; , KBA , AP-SDM , Supply and Demand Matching , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To