Using the communication user to access the Service URL (CDS endpoint) setup in communication arrangement, you may get alternately, 403 (Forbidden) or a 401 (not authorized) response.
- S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Communication Scenario and Communication Arrangement.
- Access the Service URL with the communication user and password.
- You may get '401 Not Authorized' or '403 Forbidden' error.
The communication user was locked or the password need to be reset.
- Go to Maintain Communication Users application.
- Unlock the user.
- If above is not working, please reset the password and save.
Note: There are user cases proved that sometimes a password including a slash character "\" may cause the user account being locked.
Try to avoid using "\" in the password.
KBA , BC-SRV-APS-COM , Maintain Communication System and Arrangement , Problem