You cannot invoice a service confirmation invoice request because the status is Blocked.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
Go to the Invoice Requests view.
Search for the Service Confirmation Invoice Request ABC (ABC represents the ID of the invoice request).
You can see the status is Blocked and you cannot invoice it.
1.There was an invoice block on the related service order at the time of the service confirmation invoice request creation.
You already removed it but now an update needs to be triggered on the service confirmation.
2. As there is an Approval Process scoped for Service Confirmation, the communication about the removal of the invoice block from the Service Order has not made it through the chain yet to Customer Invoicing.
To remove the blocked status of the invoice request you need to update the invoice block on the service confirmation.
1. Since the 1808 Business ByDesign release, you can now automatically unblock/block all service confirmations related to a specific Service Order without/with an invoice block. You can trigger this action from the Service Order Object Work List.
You can follow these steps:
- Go to the Service Orders work center.
- Go to the Service Order Processing view.
- Find the Service Order XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the service order).
- Select the line and click Actions > Update Service Confirmation(s).
- You can see the message: Run executed successfully; verify execution details in few mins.
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice Requests view.
- Search for the Service Confirmation Invoice Request ABC.
- You can see the Status is now: To Be Invoiced.
2. Please trigger the approval process again for the Service Confirmation by releasing the document. This will change the Approval Status to 'Approval not Necessary' and the Service Confirmation Invoice Requests will not be blocked anymore.
If you want to monitor the service confirmations after the update you can make use of the new Tab: “Invoice Block Execution Details” in the Service Order screen.
This new tab is hidden by default. To make use of it you need to unhide it via the personalization mode as following:
- Open the related Service Order.
- Click Start Personalization Mode.
- Go to Tabs.
- Check the box for Invoice Block Execution Details to make this tab visible.
- Click Save.
Service Confirmation, Invoice Request, Blocked, Service Order, Invoice Block , KBA , AP-CI-CI , Customer Invoice , How To